SOFTLINK AUTO SETTING
By importing external data sources, TOPKAPI’s SOFTLINK module provides a practical answer to automatic application generation (database, mimics, etc.). It facilitates and accelerates the implementation, maintenance and use of Topkapi supervision applications to gain productivity (less time = lower costs) and focus on what counts, the operation of the process.
Using the SOFTLINK module, a data source external to Topkapi can be imported (usually a simple file), in order to:
- Create a device,
- Create a list of devices,
- Create the data exchange tables,
- Create the variables in Topkapi and the associated processes,
- Create the associated graphic screens (mimics),
- Modify the settings of an application.
The data source can originate from:
- The device’s setting tool (export file),
- A Topkapi export file,
- A file customized as per our specifications (file in a 'transparent' format),
- An engineering database.
It must incorporate the characteristics of the variables (tagnames, title, address, label, etc.) to be exchanged between the controllers and the SCADA application. The richer the file in information, the shorter Topkapi’s setting work.
When the source data changesover time, the SOFTLINK module exposes the differences between the previous and current import session, allowing only the evolutions chosen by the user to be considered.
Softlink auto-setting also allows full use of Topkapi’s object orientation – by instantiating templates – and hence standardizing and leveraging its know-how.
KEY POINTS – BENEFITS
- Simplifies and facilitates application design and development
- Optimizes the setting time
- Reduces implementation, on site tests and maintenance costs
- Automates application creation
- Creates and sets generic professional applications
- Limits errors: a single data source
- Easy to use (automation approach rather than IT approach)
Files issued from the manufacturer setting/workshop tool
- Real time: main controllers supported
- Schneider Unity (files in xsy or scy formats)
- Siemens (Simatic files)
- BACnet protocol (auto-discovery and importing of files in .ede format)
- Telemetry: devices supported
RTUs: Sofrel, Perax, Wit, Tbox, Napac, Flygt/Xylem, Talus/Easergy, etc.
Files in Topkapi format
(for more details please call)
- 'Transparent' format
- Dataloggers: Sofrel, Perax, Ijinus, Hydreka, Primayer, Radcom, Technolog, Kapta, etc.
- rdl format (to import a list of devices)
- flc format (export/import to modify a list of attributes of variables existing in Topkapi)
EXAMPLES OF USE
- Le Havre water treatment plant: Topkapi/Schneider Electric's Unity Pro interfacing
- Fire detection: automatic application generation
AUTO-SETTING CUSTOMIZATION : Go to our web site
ZOOM on UNITY PRO by SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC
Within the CAPP program (Collaborative Automation Partner Program), AREAL and SCHNEIDER have pooled their skills to propose a unified global automation system. Beyond information import/export, a dynamic and two-way link was developed between Topkapi and Unity Pro. The variables (basic or structured) can be added or modified indifferently in one of the tools, and considered in the other upon simple operator validation.